For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author Guidelines
For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author Guidelines
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism could be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical training information. Each problem provides coverage that is up-to-date of developments that enhance our comprehension of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. Regular attributes of unique interest include original reports of essential improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and metabolic research, personal views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, medical training recommendations, and instance reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Letter to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
Listed here types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies centered on formerly unpublished data. There are not any top or reduced word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Situation Reports (not any longer available for distribution after September 1, 2019) are explanations of an incident that delivers insights right into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or administration. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables should be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth addressing to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates in connection with molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and illness states; the state-of-the-art in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects strongly related the training of medical endocrinology. An outline describing its contents, and the CVs of all authors involved unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, authors should www.123helpme.biz include a prospectus with a brief narrative of the mini-review’s purpose and scope. These manuscripts can range between 2,000 terms to no more than 5,000 terms. Writers ought to include a brief area describing the search methods utilized to get information for the mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted numbers or tables, the guidelines must be followed by them beneath the Publication Fees part.
- Meta-analyses should concentrate on particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or treatments. The manuscript that is submitted be based on an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by an exhaustive search of currently published and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions with this kind must include a plan and a statement that is narrative. There are not any restrictions on term count, wide range of figures, or quantity of sources. All numbers and tables should be original.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or an associate at work Editor and can typically address a prompt policy matter of quite high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and have now a maximum of eight recommendations.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief that may examine ideas and findings recently introduced in to the medical record that have actually excellent interest. These are generally typically around 1,000 terms in total, must have a maximum of eight recommendations, and also no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite work that is unpublished information.
- Views provide a viewpoint that is new policies and generally speaking accepted concepts and techniques in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment predicated on extremely current newly posted information. They ought to cite literature that is relevant are typically no further than 2,400 words and now have a maximum of 25 recommendations. Views must not cite unpublished work or information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, maybe perhaps not brand new information. Numbers must certanly be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should discuss just articles posted in this log, and become submitted within couple of years of the article’s last book. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in total, don’t have any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters will likely be posted during the discernment of this Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are permitted. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name for the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters towards the Editor reactions respond to a Letter to Editor at no greater size as compared to initial page. Writers whose tasks are discussed in a page to your Editor will be invited to typically offer a reply. If accepted, writers will discover page proofs before publication. Only changes to fix grammar that is inadvertent/introduced spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter towards the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your title maybe maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardised because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions present a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine Society work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and should be modifiable as a result to criticisms. They have been typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice recommendations are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are evidence based, and provide graded clinical training suggestions. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to deliver analyses that are statistical help its Clinical Practice recommendations.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned by the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice tips. These reviews address a precise clinical question by gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives associated with the community’s Clinical Practice tips that health health supplement or touch upon developments into the condition area because the right period of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views depend on founded Society policy roles and manufactured by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are manufactured by a specialist composing group with input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by a writing team beneath the way of a Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and determining gaps into the systematic literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Consensus Statements give an examination that is comprehensive a specialist panel of a scientific or medical problem which might consist of ungraded tips. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other expert culture work teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are at the mercy of outside peer review as directed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated by the Endocrine Society and selected outside specialists, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted as being a health supplement to Journal of this Endocrine Society, have now been reviewed by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any relevant concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Fees and Start Access
To learn more about some great benefits of account within the Endocrine Society, please go to the Member pros page associated with the Endocrine Society’s web site.
Web Web Page Fees
- Endocrine Society people: $99 per PDF web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society users: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of earning their article start Access by having to pay an extra $3,000 for Open Access book, which include a license that is cc-by PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access regarding the log site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript into the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it’s also accepted for publication, you can easily claim a single-use code entitling you to definitely a $250 discount in your manuscript’s book charges, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access choice, when it is posted in 2019, or even a 10% discount in your manuscript’s book costs, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s published in 2020. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.